Dog’s Colorful Day Felt Board Set
A Messy Story about Colors and Counting
Adapted for the felt board by Kate McKnight from the book Dog’s Colorful Day: A Messy Story about Colors and Counting by Emma Dodd
Lots of opportunities for talking about colors and counting up to 10.
Dog is 25.5 cm wide and 22.5 cm high (10.25 x 8.75 inches) .
A complete copy of the Dog’s Colorful Day script is available on the Felt Board Magic Blog
This is Dog.
(place Dog on the flannel board)
Dog is white with one black spot on his left ear.
(Point to the white body and the black spot)
At breakfast time, Dog sat under the table when
SPLAT! A drip of red jam lands his back.
(place red spot on Dog’s back)
Now Dog has two spots. 1, 2.
(Point to the spots as you count them)
US and English Spelling Rhyme and Story Cards provided.
This felt set
- Can be made in less than an hour
- Requires very few skills and needs only readily available tools and materials
- Requires no sewing at all. Just cut the felt and assemble.
- The simplicity of this design and the detailed instructions provided enables anyone to create this high quality educational resource which can be used again and again.
- Each of the felt pieces is large with simple embellishments enabling all children to see them easily, especially during small and large group activities.
Each felt board pattern includes:
• A complete list of felt and supplies required.
• Full sized patterns – just print and use – no need to enlarge, reduce or duplicate.
• Detailed step by step instructions.
• An activity card template containing the instructions for the activity in both English and US Spellings, ready to print, laminate and use.
This listing is only for purchase of PDF pattern to make the felt board set featured in the pictures. No actual felt board set will be sent to your address.
Text, Patterns and Images ©2021 Copyright Kate McKnight, Felt Board Magic
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Please do not share, sell, reproduce or redistribute this pattern in any way.