You could either have the fish in a container and have the children come up and pick a fish to put on the felt board or you could have all of the fish already on the felt board swimming around under the ice flow and either hold up a fish and ask what color it is or alternatively ask the children to come up and select a fish for Marco.
Marco the Polar Bear
As white as the snow
Sat on the ice where the cold waters flow
Lunch! I need lunch he said
I’ll make a wish
He stuck in his paw and came up with a fish!
What color is it?
Marco is 10cm wide and 10cm tall (4 inches).
Each fish is 7.5cm long ( 3 inches). The ice flow is 25cm wide ( almost 10 inches).
This felt set
- Can be made in less than an hour
- Requires very few skills and needs only readily available tools and materials
- Requires no sewing at all. Just cut the felt and assemble.
- The simplicity of this design and the detailed instructions provided enables anyone to create this high quality educational resource which can be used again and again.
- Each of the felt pieces is large with simple embellishments enabling all children to see them easily, especially during small and large group activities.
Each felt board pattern includes:
• A complete list of felt and supplies required.
• Full sized patterns – just print and use – no need to enlarge, reduce or duplicate.
• Detailed step by step instructions.
• An activity card template containing the words of the rhyme ready to print, laminate and use.
This listing is only for purchase of PDF pattern to make the felt board set featured in the pictures. No actual felt board set will be sent to your address.
Text, Patterns and Images ©2021 Copyright Kate McKnight, Felt Board Magic
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Please do not share, sell, reproduce or redistribute this pattern in any way.