Ladybird Wing Shape and Colour Matching Game Felt Board Pattern PDF Download
This is a wonderful interactive colour and shape recognition and matching activity which encourages children to learn about basic colours and shapes whilst they play. This game will help teach children develop fine motor skills, hand eye coordination & concentration. Shape and colour are critical attributes for children to learn to identify and sort by.
The ladybird matching starts out quite simple – one shape, then graduates to two shapes per wing. So children identify ladybird wing colours, between three shapes – square, circles and triangle that are used in two colours. This game really is more challenging than it looks.
Each ladybird is about 9 cm wide (almost 3.5 inches) and 11 cm high (almost 4.5 inches).
This felt set pattern makes :
12 ladybirds with one wing attached
12 Matching Wings
This felt set
- Can be made in less than an hour
- Requires very few skills and needs only readily available tools and materials
- Requires no sewing at all. Just cut the felt and assemble.
- The simplicity of this design and the detailed instructions provided enables anyone to create this high quality educational resource which can be used again and again.
- Each of the felt pieces is large with simple embellishments enabling all children to see them easily, especially during small and large group activities.
Each felt board pattern includes:
•SVG Cutting Files
A complete list of felt and supplies required.
• Full sized patterns – just print and use – no need to enlarge, reduce or duplicate.
• Detailed step by step instructions.
• An activity card template containing the instructions for the activity ready to print, laminate and use.
This listing is only for purchase of PDF pattern to make the felt board set featured in the pictures. No actual felt board set will be sent to your address.
Text, Patterns and Images ©2021 Copyright Kate McKnight, Felt Board Magic
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Please do not share, sell, reproduce or redistribute this pattern in any way.