This is a fun interactive game that children love to play. It encourages vocabulary development and practice describing eggs by size.
First, put the three different sized eggs on the felt board whilst discussing each egg’s size – you can use the words large, medium and small or big, middle sized and small or biggest, smallest, or largest – there are so many opportunities to expand vocabulary in a meaningful and fun way.
Then, in a sneaky way, hide one of the rabbits underneath one of the eggs. If children are younger you might need to let the rabbit poke out just a little in the beginning.
Then chant with the children:
Little Bunny, Little Bunny
‘Won’t you come out and play
I wonder which egg you’re hiding under today.
Are you under the [large/medium/small ] egg?
Let’s take a peek.
Children then take turns guessing which sized egg the rabbit is hiding under by identifying an egg by size and removing it to search underneath for the rabbit.
If the child’s guess is incorrect replace egg and begin again.
Each rabbit is 10.5 cm tall (just over 4 inches)
and the eggs are 12.5, 16 and 19cm cm tall (5, 6.25 and 7.25 inches).
This felt set
- Can be made in less than an hour
- Requires very few skills and needs only readily available tools and materials
- Requires no sewing at all. Just cut the felt and assemble.
- The simplicity of this design and the detailed instructions provided enables anyone to create this high quality educational resource which can be used again and again.
- Each of the felt pieces is large with simple embellishments enabling all children to see them easily, especially during small and large group activities.
Each felt board pattern includes:
• A complete list of felt and supplies required.
• Full sized patterns – just print and use – no need to enlarge, reduce or duplicate.
• Detailed step by step instructions.
• An activity card template containing the instructions for the activity ready to print, laminate and use.
This listing is only for purchase of PDF pattern to make the felt board set featured in the pictures. No actual felt board set will be sent to your address.
Text, Patterns and Images ©2021 Copyright Kate McKnight, Felt Board Magic
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Please do not share, sell, reproduce or redistribute this pattern in any way.