Penelope the Penguin – Penny to her friends loves to count fish as she eats them.
Penny is so hungry- her tummy is empty and she needs her friends to help her count fish so she can eat them.
Choose the number of fish Penny would like to eat.
Then count until Penny has that many fish in her tummy.
Lots of opportunities to practice counting. Talk about the colors of the fish. How many will fit into Penny’s tummy.
Mathematical concepts can be expanded by talking about how many fish are in her tummy and how many are waiting to be eaten.
The numbers also provide an opportunity for children to link the numeral with the number of fish counted
Penny the Penguin is 27cm tall (11 inches) and 23.5cm wide (9.5 inches)
Numerals 1 -10 are each 4.5cm tall(1.75 inches)
Fish are each 5.5 cm long ( 2.25 inches).
This felt set
- Can be made in less than an hour
- Requires very few skills and needs only readily available tools and materials
- Requires no sewing at all. Just cut the felt and assemble.
- The simplicity of this design and the detailed instructions provided enables anyone to create this high quality educational resource which can be used again and again.
- Each of the felt pieces is large with simple embellishments enabling all children to see them easily, especially during small and large group activities.
Each felt board pattern includes:
• A complete list of felt and supplies required.
• Full sized patterns – just print and use – no need to enlarge, reduce or duplicate.
• Detailed step by step instructions.
• An activity card template containing the words of the rhyme ready to print, laminate and use.
This listing is only for purchase of PDF pattern to make the felt board set featured in the pictures. No actual felt board set will be sent to your address.
Text, Patterns and Images ©2021 Copyright Kate McKnight, Felt Board Magic
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Please do not share, sell, reproduce or redistribute this pattern in any way.